WRITING A BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Every now and then, and I mean only every now and then, do I get asked how writing a book will change your life. My answer is simple:
1. A BOOK CAN POSITION YOU AS AN EXPERT
This means that a book has the power to position you as an expert in your chosen field. Once you position yourself as the expert, you can do so much more in your life and your business, such as:
– Easily obtain local and national press coverage that would normally cost you a fortune;
– Offer yourself as a coach and mentor to people who want to be transformed after reading your book;
– Become a public speaker at business and entrepreneurial events.
To prove my point, since I wrote my first book I have featured in many national newspapers and magazines, including the Telegraph and the Writing Magazine, coached over 100 aspiring authors and spoken at over 65 business/entrepreneurial events.
2. A BOOK CAN GET YOU NOTICED, INSTANTLY!
The fact is, if you write and publish a great book, you will get noticed. Furthermore, people will want to know more about what you have to share and also how you can help them.
– By selling your book on Amazon you will have access to millions of potential customers. Amazon is the NUMBER 1 online retail store, where just about everybody goes to buy their books.
Attend a FREE Book Writing Course in London with Richard McMunn:
– I recently spoke at the London Business Show at Excel. Whilst I was there, I was handed a total 17 business cards in a two-hour period from entrepreneurs who wanted to connect with me.
Let me ask you a question: what do YOU normally do with a business card when someone hands it to you? That’s right, you put it in your wallet or handbag, never to be seen again! What if someone who wanted to connect with you gave you a copy of their book? Now they have your attention. A book has so much more exposure than a business card.
3. A BOOK GIVES YOU THE POWER TO UPSELL
The value of a book goes far further than the initial purchase price.
Let’s assume you decide to write and publish a book. Within the book you decide to offer additional products and services to your readers. This could be anything from more books, free training videos, membership subscriptions and even one-to-one coaching. Although many authors do see a huge financial reward from their writing efforts, the savvier ones out there are leveraging further business and sales from their book. To do this, simply:
– Ensure you have a leadpage that directs your readers to a website where they can obtain a free additional bonus in exchange for their name and email address. This can be promoted from within your book, and also on the rear cover, too.
– Once you have their name and email address you can then offer your readers additional products, services, courses and even one-to-one coaching.